Join our team!
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Check out our open positions below!
About Girl Develop It
Girl Develop It is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides affordable and judgment-free opportunities for adult women interested in learning web and software development. Through in-person classes and community support, Girl Develop It helps women of diverse backgrounds achieve their technology goals and build confidence in their careers and their everyday lives.
About this Role
Girl Develop It is seeking a highly organized, experienced
This position will report directly to our Operations Director, and work very closely with other members of senior management and chapter leadership teams, providing crucial support to our 53 chapters across the country. Position can be performed remotely upon satisfactory completion of in-person orientation period.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Running AP/AR, invoicing, general ledger, account and bank reconciliation
- Processing, as well as tracking all event payments, sponsorships, and scholarships
- Preparing and distributing monthly financial statements
- Administering payroll and benefits
- Managing contracts and vendor relations
- Developing organization and project budgets in coordination with senior management and leadership teams
- Supporting annual audit, tax preparation, and annual filings for charitable registrations
- Maintaining bookkeeping best practices and efficient, transparent systems for collecting, managing, and distributing funds throughout the organization
- Providing day-to-day office administration, handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks
- Providing operational support to Chapter Leaders
- Coordinating meetings and logistics for annual events: galas and leadership summit
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in Girl Develop It's core values and be driven by the mission. Additionally, the following experiences and skills are required:
- Proven office management and administrative experience
- Excellent bookkeeping skills and experience developing organizational budgets
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to problem solve independently
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent time-management skills; the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Substantial experience using double-entry accounting systems (QuickBooks Online, Xero, etc.) Google Apps Suite, Salesforce, and Dropbox
- Comfort with learning new accounting software (i.e. Xero) and technologies
- Experience working with a diverse and distributed team
- Ability to travel/work away from home for up to one week, twice per year: to plan and attend trainings, leadership summit, and annual events
Optional Experience We’d Love to Hear About
- 501(c)3 non-profit experience (e.g. knowledge of tax and other compliance implications)
- International non-profit or NGO knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge of computer science, technology, and/or education sector
To apply, please send a brief cover letter along with your résumé and 1-2 references to email@example.com.