Join our team!
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Check out our open positions below!
Chapter Program Manager
About Girl Develop It
Girl Develop It is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides affordable and judgment-free opportunities for adult women interested in learning web and software development. Through in-person classes and community support, Girl Develop It helps women of diverse backgrounds achieve their technology goals and build confidence in their careers and their everyday lives.
About This Role
Girl Develop It is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Program Manager to manage all aspects of our national chapter-based program and to spearhead a robust expansion strategy. The Chapter Program Manager will be responsible for supporting current chapters to ensure that program model is being implemented consistently with GDI's Theory of Change; to provide technical assistance to chapter leadership team; and to execute a focused expansion strategy aimed at revitalizing stagnant chapters and growing new chapters.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a core member of the national leadership (HQ) team, the Chapter Program Manager will:
- Collaborate with national and Chapter Leadership teams, consultants and key partners to increase women's access to affordable, in-person web and software development classes, nationwide as outlined in GDI's mission and vision
- Communicate, coordinate, and execute GDI's program strategy across all chapters, working to ensure that Chapter Leaders across all programs are aligned with strategic initiatives and are empowered to contribute to them.
- Formulate, implement, and monitor suitable, mission-aligned strategies to promote programmatic and key organizational objectives
- Actively engage, recruit, and connect with diverse people to cultivate a pool of high-potential Chapter Leaders; and work closely with current Chapter Leadership teams to ensure resourceful community involvement by providing members opportunities to support the team—as TAs, Organizers, Instructors, and Community Champions— while elevating themselves as leaders in tech
- Evaluate chapter performance per established milestones and produce weekly progress updates and written bi-monthly chapter-specific reports including corrective action plan
- Monitor and control Chapter Program budgets and activities to ensure compliance with state, federal and organizational policies and procedures
- Support national (HQ-led) initiatives and integrate them with chapter programs
- Help strategize and develop methods and tools for new chapter onboarding by staying current on industry standards and best practices; and provide support for ongoing programming and training for chapter leadership
- Ensure that key outcomes are leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact, in focus areas including growth, participation, and student success
- Help develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by chapters
- Monitor and distill discussions on community channels (e.g., Twitter, Slack, email), surfacing key issues and needs for chapters, connecting people, and promoting collaboration across GDI internally
- Commitment to the mission of Girl Develop It
- Demonstrated experience in program management; strong project management, customer service, and communication skills
- Experience navigating the challenges of cultivating, training, and supporting diverse audiences
- Flexibility, initiative, and desire for a high level of personal ownership and accountability
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills and comfort learning new technologies
- Proficiency in Google Apps (including Gmail, Drive, and Apps for Business)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working as part of a distributed team
- Dedication to efficiency, both of individual habits and organizational programs, and attention to detail
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, maturity, and confidence
- Ability to travel/work away from home as needed at least once per quarter
Recommended Skills & Experience
- Experience in community organizing, community management, and/or leadership development — both online and in-person — and group facilitation
- 501c3 nonprofit experience
- International nonprofit or NGO knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge of computer science, technology, and/or education sector
Starting salary range is $50,000 to $55,000 in addition to a generous benefits package. GDI offers scheduled performance-based salary increases on a six-month cycle for the first 24 months of employment, and on a two-year cycle thereafter.
Apply here: Please upload a PDF file that includes your cover letter and résumé, and respond to the pre-interview questions. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until