Join our team!
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Check out our open positions below!
Director of Marketing
About Girl Develop It
Girl Develop It is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides affordable and judgment–free opportunities for adult women interested in learning web and software development. Through in–person classes and community support, Girl Develop It helps women of diverse backgrounds achieve their technology goals and build confidence in their careers and their everyday lives.
About this Role
Girl Develop It is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced creative professional to lead efforts to grow our brand and increase national and local awareness, execute marketing campaigns that increase attendance, and facilitate marketing training and support for all local chapters and leaders.
The Director of Marketing will build a robust multi–channel messaging plan that reaches all GDI constituents including students, instructors, chapter leaders, prospective members and the broader tech, learn–to–code, and women empowerment communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy (including a budget) that will drive increased participation in existing chapters, expansion of new chapters, focused outreach to underserved communities, as well as inspire strong sponsor and partner relationships.
- Oversee planning, production and editing of content development across multiple channels (web, email, social, search, ads, print, podcast, etc.)
- Lead marketing of special events, including national–scope educational conferences, hackathons and the annual leadership summit.
- Provide support to GDI team and work directly with chapter leaders to deliver training on marketing best–practices to optimize their local efforts (including email, social media, and event management).
- Help develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by chapters, working with them to produce member stories, photos, videos, and testimonies to help prospective members visualize the GDI experience.
- Create and maintain policies, guidelines, naming conventions, one–pagers and checklists to help maintain brand consistency across the organization and local chapters.
- Evaluate marketing effectiveness and track lessons learned, reporting out metrics for GDI leadership and partners.
- Elevate current: Highlight and elevate leadership voices and profiles from the HQ team and chapter leaders, creating speaking and writing opportunities to promote expertise and experience.
- Proactively pitch GDI stories to relevant publications and reporters, and identify opportunities to build and strengthen brand awareness by participating in global conversations around education, technology, diversity and inclusion.
- Create an email marketing plan for multiple audiences that standardizes brand messaging and content
- Align national social media strategy with GDI branding and build a social media funnel that collects existing content from all chapters. Provide guidance to local leaders on social media strategy, management, and brand guidelines.
- Commitment to the mission of Girl Develop It.
- Strong creativity, problem–solving and analytical skills.
- Flexibility, initiative, and desire for a high level of personal ownership and accountability.
- Dedication to efficiency, both of individual habits and organizational programs, and attention to detail.
- Experience with marketing delivery tools such as MailChimp, Hootsuite, Buffer, and analytical tools like Google Analytics.
- Experience navigating the challenges of cultivating, training, and supporting diverse audiences
- Ability to travel/work away from home as needed at least once per quarter.
Recommended Skills and Experience
- Involvement with Girl Develop It as a Chapter Leader, Instructor, TA or volunteer
- Experience in community organizing and/or community management, both online and in–person
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Experience in speaking in front of large groups and group facilitation/training
- Knowledge of computer science, technology, and/or education sector
- 501(c)3 nonprofit experience
Please email your cover letter, resume and 1–2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until February 15, 2018. Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled.